The Boy in the Dress
David Walliams

Comedy

I live in an ordinary house in an ordinary street in an ordinary town and go to an ordinary school.  One day everything changed…

Ella Barrett, 5CM (2016)

4.5

153 comments on “The Boy in the Dress

1. vmendoza says:

The boy in the dress is a boy who wore a dress to school and he wore a dress in his football match and theres one shop called raj shop.

2. rmcquade says:

this book is super funny and the boy turns into a girl and go’s to school he pretends hes a french student for the houl day his friend comes over to chang this boy back into his self

3. ppink says:

This Book is amazing because is interesting and funny and when the boy wakes up in a dress and is a really good book.

4. fkirkwood says:

You’ll wet you pants laughing at this book

5. dbrown says:

The boy in the dress is a really funny book I like it because the boy is described like he’s mini Ronaldo who’s a brilliant footballer and thats why I love it.

6. hheyhoetedstone says:

i watched this and now i am listering to it over and over and over agen, i love it.I have had so much fun listering to this book,LOL :-),funny,fun,drama,love,fashon, and LOL.I LOVE IT!

7. jhill says:

I love the boy in dress because Dennis and the football team played in dresses at a match. I agree with Lisa because I wonder why girls can wear dresses and boys can’t.

8. dmccormack says:

I like boy in the dress because there are really funny parts. For example, it was funny when all the boys ran out in their dresses.

9. sconteh says:

This book is very funny and great and exciting to read. I would really recommend this to anyone!

10. kmacmillanhitchman says:

this book is very recommended to all children under 12. I thought it was funny

11. cgray says:

i think its really funny

12. Ms Martin says:

This book is a great read,for all ages.It made me laugh,easy to read not to long a book.I would recommend reading this book it will make you smile.

13. nludewick says:

I really like this book because it is funny and it is for every one. Also it shows that boys can wear dresses too and that you shouldn’t care what people think.

14. rhirt says:

I really enjoyed The Boy In The Dress . It was funny and really made me laugh but it also had sad bits when the characters were sad and I almost cried . The funniest characters are probably Darvesh’s mum or Raj . This book shows how whoever you are it doesn’t matter what you wear or if you are different . The book shows that even when things go wrong they can still be good in a different ways .

Great fun and a good message. My favourite David Walliams.

16. tluppi says:

Amazing book, amazing author. I love this book because it pulls away from the other book structures I’ve read.
    It is hilarious!

17. madom2 says:

A normal boy in a normal school with a normal life. Until one day some thing happened…

18. nbentham says:

I found this book really funny and I would recommend it.My favourite part is the end when they are all wearing dresses.

19. wsimwogerere says:

The boy in the dress shows that you can be anyone and wear anything like a girl can wear trousers and a boy can wear a skirt.

20. cwitchell says:

I really like this book because it is funny and it shows you can dress how you want and no-one should judge you. And I really like the bit when they all play football in dresses and beat them (a lot).

I love this book because it’s written by David Williams so you know it will be funny. I also like this book because it’s very different and strange but I still like it.

22. rbrissett says:

I found this book really funny and I have watched the movie.

23. sanderson says:

My favourite part is when The Boy wears a dress and plays football in the dress.

24. mjohnson says:

This book is funny, weird and MIND BLOWING!!!!! It is when a boy gets picked in a football team, and he REALLY wants to wear something EMBARRASSING. I REALLY recommend you read this book.

25. afriend says:

The Boy in the Dress is epic.

26. hnkwocha says:

I like this book because it shows you that you can wear what you want and you don’t have to be afraid to do it.

27. rshamash says:

I loved this book – it is one of my favourite books. I like because it shows that boys can dress like girls.

28. nweatherald says:

I like Boy in the Dress because it shows you to be who you really are.

This book is really funny. I like how ‘Denise’ is really outspoken. It was funny when the whole football team came out of the dressing room wearing dresses.

I really like this book because it’s funny and different from other books so I recommend it to all ages.

31. mbassiencapsa says:

I really enjoyed this book because one) it’s funny two) it shows it’s ok to be yourself and just do what you really want to.

32. lfrancis says:

This is a hilarious book about a boy who loved dresses and goes to school in them.

33. fwaters says:

The Boy in the Dress is a really good book about a boy called Dennis who expresses his feelings and does what he wants. It is also really funny.

34. mbrooks says:

I am your normal football loving boy , nothing unusual about that, one day I met a girl and things changed…

35. agrindle says:

I absolutely loved The Boy in the Dress. I loved the bit when he and his friends are playing football in a dress because it is one of the most funny bits in the book.

36. cwitchell says:

I love this book because it proves that boys can were dresses as well and it includes football.

37. nludewick says:

I really enjoyed this book because it is an interesting, funny and amazing book. I recommend this to every on. It is an amazing read. My favourite part is at the end when they all run on is dresses.

38. sconteh says:

Such an interesting book and a bit funny. It is super addictive. I love it. I really would recommend this book to people that want to have a laugh.

39. ebarrett says:

I loved this book by David Walliams because it’s all about a boy who tries on a dress with his best friend Lisa. I really like it and I recommend it to all ages.

40. efuller says:

This book was one of the best books I have read in my life. It is extremely funny and I could have read it a million times. But I didn’t. I would recommend this book to anyone.I think that loads of people would get it. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

41. iamosu says:

I liked this book because it means that nothing can stop you from doing what you want to do.

42. jpaulinopena says:

I like the boy in the dress because he plays football

43. dkhanlodhi says:

This book is funny and one of my favourite David Walliams book .I liked this book because it kept me up at night when I read it.

44. faboulian says:

This is a hilarious book. It’s more or less for all ages and once you’ve started it will be impossible to stop. It’s written by the famous author David Walliams who is known for his funny books.

45. ediwan says:

I thought this book was pretty boring. It is just about a guy with a fat dad and no Mum who just likes to wear dresses.

46. fnkwocha says:

I really liked The Boy in the Dress because the boy in the book dressed up as a girl!!! It’s sad but funny especially the football match. I’ve also watched the film and it’s just as funny as the book! I enjoyed it lots and hope other people do!

47. ebarrett says:

I really liked this book because it shows that boys can do stuff that girls like to do not all girls but a lot of girls. It is also a really funny book and I recommend it.

48. nhyderkhan says:

I really liked this book. I think it’s extremely funny and my favourite part was the ending.