The Tale of Peter Rabbit
Beatrix Potter

Animals and nature, Picture books

A mischievous young Peter Rabbit finds life tough after his father is baked in a pie by Mrs McGregor.

Christopher Lukalu, 3HC (2016)

4.3

78 comments on “The Tale of Peter Rabbit

1. Ms Fee says:

I think this book (and Potter’s other animal stories) were probably amongst the first to appear on my bookshelf as a child.

2. ozamprogna says:

I think this book is really cute. I love the illustrations because they are really realistic.

3. Demi Kelly says:

I enjoyed this fabulous tale. Peter Rabbit lost his blue jacket with brass buttons. What an adventure and his Mum is kind. Great read….

4. Frances Hartland says:

I really liked it when Peter Rabbit’s sisters went to pick blackberries, because I love picking blackberries to eat. And I liked it when Peter ate French beans and radishes because I like them too, but not lettuces.

5. Wilfred Riley says:

Peter Rabbit was not listening to his Mum but the other little rabbits, his sisters, were listening.

6. rmundle says:

I like the part when Peter rabbit was being chased. Its exciting the first time you read the book.

7. rhenry says:

I like the bit where Peter Rabbit is being chased. Its exciting because the first time you read it you don’t know what’s going to happen.

8. krian says:

I love this book – my favourite bit is when Peter runs away from Mr McGregor

9. katygriffiths says:

I love this classic book. I remember my Mum reading this to me when I was little. My favourite part is when Peter manages to escape from Mr McGregor! I love the other books in the series too.

10. eburianova says:

The tale of Peter Rabbit has got a bad bunny and a good bunny.The good bunny is eating a carrot on a log but the bad bunny tried to steel it.The bad bunny caught it!How sad do you think the good bunny is?There was a hunter that tried to kill bunny’s.He crept up on the bunny’s and fort the bad bunny was a bird!

11. stsugitavieira says:

I liked this book because Peter is a naughty boy , also this book is sad because Peter’s dad gets caught but Peter escapes just in time to get away from Mr Mcgreggors garden or , “so called ” allotment. This book is really good and I recommend this book to all ages , especially 7 year olds.

12. rpayton says:

this book is amazing its funny its great so cool so fun

13. tcarpenter says:

Peter rabbit is a funny book as well as TV programme. Peter rabbit is a mischievous rabbit and loves to have a little adventure and Tease and steel carrots from Mr.Mcgreggors garden/ alotment.5 Stars Beatrix potter

14. iwhitelaw says:

This book is exciting and my favourite sister of Peter is Cottontale. I like the way he is very mischievous.

15. anecea says:

Peter is sooo Amazing ? ????

16. jwilloughby says:

I like it when the bunnys get the raspberry

17. bbigueyapua says:

I really love peter rabbit because he is very very cheeky and has a lovely mother and 2 wonderful sisters.

18. rtensue says:

I like the pert of this book wen mrmcgregor saw Peter and chased him

19. achapman says:

Peter Rabbit is very naughty because he goes into Mr McGregor’s garden.

20. achapman says:

I think its graet because peter rabbit is naughty.

21. astrigo says:

This book is quite good because the illustrations are amazing.

22. tgray says:

I really like this book but my favourite one is Mr Jeremy Fisher

23. fwaters says:

I really liked Peter rabbit it is really funny and stuff and really adventurous.
    Flynn Waters

I do not like this anymore

25. etotham says:

I love this book. It is all about the adventures of Peter Rabbit.

26. fbickley says:

it is a amazing to read this book – it is a really nice book which I enjoy reading over and over again

I love this book and all other Beatrice Potter books but my favourite one is Mrs Tiggywinkle.

28. famin says:

A young rabbit sets on this adventure after his dad is baked into a pie by mr mc gregor and gets up to mischevious things.

29. krussell says:

This is one of the best books I’ve read even the cartoon is good I used to watch it when I was 6.

30. jlaidlaw says:

One of the best book I have ever read. I can still remember reading them when I was four

31. sconteh says:

This is one of my top 5 books. I read this book when I was really young. I was about 6 years old. I remember reading it for the first time. I loved it. I told my mum to read it over and over again!

32. psolis says:

when I started reading I didn’t have any words when I finished it it was amazing it was adventurous but there was one thing I didn’t like about it the bad thing was when I finished reading it i wanted to carry on reading it and read the next adventure but its fine Peter Rabbit encouraged me to read more adventure books so this is why i like Peter Rabbit.

33. glukalu says:

peter rabbit is such a good book my mum used to read it to me when i was little and watch the videos

34. kkane says:

The tale of peter rabbit was an amazing story and i just loved it when peter was being chased.

35. leldridge says:

My brother used to read them and found them bounds of fun so it is deffenetly recommend it a U.

1. ahooper says:

When I was younger I used to read these books to my sister and i also read them my self.
      This is such a good story that introduces you to a cheeky little rabbit that steals raddish from mr Mcgregor’s garden,on Peters secret missions to the raddish garden they didn’t always go to plan.
      read this book to be taken into amazing world.

36. nlewis says:

i have a collection of beatrix potter books and this is one of my favourites because the author describes the story in lots of detail.an other book called samuel whiskers is also great.whenever my granny comes to my house she always reads me it.

37. fsmith says:

A sad story of a little rabbit named Peter who has lost his farther. One day he goes out with his freind and a terrible thing occurred.

38. agugliotta says:

Its about a bunny called PETER how gets in a lot of trouble and his cousin Christopher and his mum tells him to not make trouble because of what happened to his dad.

39. vmendoza says:

peter rabbit i find qutie funny but a bit natuy stealing stuff from mr gregs garden

40. rmarujo says:

a good book with a lot of mischievous rabbits.

Peter Rabbit is quite an exciting (even frightening, if you’re young) cautionary tale. Peter’s mother tells him not to go into Mr McGregor’s garden: remember, she says, Mrs McGregor cooked your father in a pie! But Peter won’t listen! Many of Beatrix Potter’s tales are set in the countryside surrounding her house in the Lake District (which is in the north-west of England). It’s a nice place to visit if you’re ever in the area. There are lots of good Beatrix Potter tales. If you enjoyed Peter Rabbit, try one of the others – perhaps you’ve heard of Jemima Puddleduck or Mrs Tiggy-Winkle or Jeremy Fisher, all great Beatrix Potter characters. The Tale of Samuel Whiskers or The Roly-Poly Pudding is a great and macabre tale about a disobedient young cat living in a house overrun with rats who nearly comes to an awful end…

1. rmarujo says:

a good long review

42. olgadroogleever says:

My grandma used to read the Peter Rabbit books to me when I was a little girl so they are very special to me.
    I particularly like the illustrations and recommend this book to everyone!

43. rrazabenfahem says:

Good book really interesting

Peter Rabbit is a very fun book and is very adventurous. My favourite part is when he goes to the angry framer and eats his turnips.

45. oleach says:

There was a little rabbit called Peter and he lived with his three sisters and his mother. His sisters were called Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail. One day his mother went out and she said to Peter, “You go along and get some blackberries, mulberries and blackcurrants, but you promise me you won’t go into Mr. McGregor’s garden.”

I thought the book was exciting and Peter was a naughty little rabbit!

46. madom2 says:

Peter rabbit is such a mischievous rabbit and is always getting in trouble.

1. achapman says:

Peter Rabbit is me fafrat book.

This is a good book about a mischievous rabbit who goes on a lot of adventures with three friends but there is one farmer who wants to eat Peter Rabbit!!!!!!!!

48. efuller says:

When I was young this used to be a fabulous book to me and was also one of my favourites of all time.

49. bgugliotta says:

If you like adventure stories READ THIS BOOK .

50. mchong says:

The tale of Peter rabbit is great. It was one of my favourite books when I was little.