62 comments on “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

1. nraganabashtaqi says:

This book is my childhood , it inspired me…made me feel like I could do anything if I put my mind to it the same day I finished it I ran to my mum and said “Mum can I have a hot air balloon for Christmas. ” ……… Don’t laugh I was only 4

2. glincoln says:

This book is so cool and funny when he meets all kind of people only in a long dream.

3. areidwright says:

Awesome if I read it every day I will never get bored

4. mpatten says:

When Dorithy is swept into a magical land her only wish is to get home. On her way to the wizard of OZ she meets some others who want help from the wizard. Follow them in an amazing and dream like adventures.

5. aburgess says:

Dorothy meets a good witch that warns her to not seek the bad witch but the wonderful world of magic stops her and she’s keen to find the wonderful wizard of oz that everyone has been talking about.

6. lnecea says:

I think this book is really good and a bit funny ???

7. claque says:

The wizard of Oz is a classic. Everyone has a fault and wants someone to change it. This is how the lion, the tin man, the scarecrow and Dorothy make their way to the wizard of oz who actually is a cheat. In the end differences are not so bad at all and the heroes are rewarded. The story is great for reading as a group.

8. llincoln says:

After Dorothy gets blown away by a tornado, she arrives in Oz with her pet dog, Toto. She meets friends on her journey but will she find her way back home?

9. imeager says:

Such a happy book

10. swood says:

When a tornado brings Dorothy and her dog Toto to a magical land full of witches and magic, she has to journey to the emerald city to seek advice from the great wizard of Oz!

11. mrothwellstopps says:

All Dorothy wants to do is find home …………

12. sheckscher says:

When Dorothy finds herself in a strange world all she wants to do that s get home. Will she ever be able to see Cansas again? A classic fairy tale, never to be forgotten.

One of America’s greatest and best-loved fairy tales

14. ahooper says:

A complete classic matched with a wonderful film that will bring joy to anyone

15. rpayton says:

I love it so much so bad so great so funny

16. rtensue says:

I like this book because there is magic and i like magic and this book is really funny

17. emeron says:

I love this book it is full of action and adventure.

18. ablackburncave says:

i think that this book is kind of great because i like her journey to reach the emerald city. It has lots of things in it such as the poppy field which is great.

19. rtensue says:

I love this story because it is magicall

20. bplowman says:

I love it. Its magical. My favourite character is Toto. My favourite bit is when they meet the lion.

This book is such a classic story book. Dorothy a young girl falls into the wonderful land of oz. Witches get crushed, scarecrows talk and tin men want hearts. All a shy lion wants in the world is courage . And when they all meet they go singing down the yellow brick road. Toto, the dog, running behind them they see in the distance the emerald city…

I do not really like this book anymore because I have read it so many times that I have got a little bord of it but I think it is still a good children’s book to read

23. trostam says:

i really like this book. it’s about a girl who gets lost in a tornado and ends up in a wonderful place but it holds both kind and evil.i recommend reading it it’s an amazing book.

24. sconteh says:

This book is amazing I read it in a week. It is amazing when you read this book you imagine all the characters which is very fun. The film is good to but I’m in love with the book it gave me the thrills when I read it I wish they could have a part 2 or make another book since this one was amazing!

25. fmitchellcox says:

I love this book. It’s about a girl who gets sucked into a tornado and ends up in a lovely world full of evil and kindness. On the way to the wizard she meets a lion and a tin-man and then a scarecrow and the evil doer is the wicked witch of the west and the wicked witch of the east. This book i would recommend to children aged 5+ but it’s a lovely and fun book that lets your imagination run wild!

26. famin says:

this book is amazing because of all the wonderful coulors and textures and love how all of the storyline and plot come together in wonderful magical world that was the first coloured film.

27. ebarrett says:

This book is very funny and I love it. It is all about a girl named Dorathy who seeks adventures and always completes them. She finds on her way a lion a tin man and a scearcrow also she meets two wiches one good one bad.
    I loved this book I recommened it for evryone.

This book is mad but with a happy ending. There are lots of twists and turns which makes it a thrilling read for all ages.

29. agrindle says:

This book is ok but my favourite bit is when she lands on wicked witch it is really funny.

30. kjohnsonagley says:

I love this book it is an incredibal fanticey .It shows you that you should always have to have corig.

31. eswayne says:

i have LOVED this book since i was little because
    it really active and imaginative:);):0

32. fsmith says:

This is a classic book from the 1930 it is still amazing though. Set in the wonderful land of OZ scared by the which of the west but not for long. To find out what happens next all you need to do is follow the yellow brick road and read the book!

33. fives says:

I love this book because of how imaginative it is.

34. madom2 says:

The wizard of oz is about a little girl on a big quest to defeat the witch

35. rmarujo says:

a good story, a lot of fun.;) ;o 😮 🙂

36. iburgess says:

The wizard of oz is a book ? filled with magical mysterys and plot twists with emotional ? moments

37. edixonhitchcock says:

I agree with Sylvie,but I love the film too.In every book that is made into a film the book is always better because you can imagine the characters yourself.

38. sstrong says:

This book is great. I read it in two days. The book is WAY better than the film like …
    The film did ruby slippers because they thought it would look better. In the book it was silver slippers.
    In the book there were way more obstacles in Dorothy’s way like the mountain trolls. I can’t blame them because it’s an old film and the “special effects” would look totally rubbish. The film is quite good but you can’t beat a book.

39. nbentham says:

I really like this book.It has to be one of my favourites.

40. famin says:

A story about a young girl from Kansas who gets transported to this magical and wonderful world were she meets a scarecrow, Tin man and then a lion. Together they all want one thing: courage, heart, brain, and a home, but the evil witch stands in their way

41. nludewick says:

I love the Wonderful Wizard of OZ because it is a fun, exciting book and i think that it is definitely in my top five. It is great and i recommend it to anyone who can read.

42. khenryjackson says:

I really enjoy this book because the tin man needs to be oiled every minute and the lion is so scared and the scarecrow has no brain. I also liked when the witch was crushed by a stone wall

I love the Wizard of OZ so much. I like it so much I think it is in my top five favourite books ever.

44. lfrancis says:

This book is about a girl who wakes up over the rainbow and meets a tiger, a good wizard and a metal man and together they help her get home. I really like it because it was a fun thing to read – exciting and full of crazy ideas.

This is one over my favourite books it funny weird and quirky in lots of different ways.

46. edakouri says:

A good book to read

47. fthomas says:

I absolutely love this book. It is funny,exciting and wonderful. Also it is very memorable.

I love this book so much because of all the funny things that happen

49. efuller says:

Follow the yellow brick road. That was one of my favourite part of the book.

50. nhyderkhan says:

I absolutely love this book. My favourite part was when Dorothy killed the wicked witch